This Policy only covers our Website and does not extend to links to other sites within our Website. If you continue to use our Website this indicates to us that you consent to the Policy.
In this Policy, when we refer to “you”, we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the Website. Any reference to “we”, “our”, “us” is a reference to Phillips Jewellers.
2) INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- the information that we collect and which you voluntarily submit to us. You may do so through a wide variety of means, including by email, submitting information through our Website (for example in signing up to our latest offers and news, entering a prize draw, creating or updating an account on our site, submitting posts and comments via our corporate presence on social media platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter), through our Website’s discussion forums or through product reviews). This information includes any personal details you type and submit for example your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and telephone number, your passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, details of friends and relatives, your preferences, interests and details of any complaints you may have (and including any other information provided at the time of joining our mailing list, entering competitions or prize draws, and purchasing goods or services);
- details of goods and services purchased whilst using our Website and fulfilment of your orders including the time and date of purchase, the goods you purchase from us and delivery addresses you use;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, how you access it, and how you use it, HTTP/S protocol elements, search terms, HTTP/S cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. A lot of this data is collected by cookies used on our Website, details of which are noted below in the “Cookies” section; and
- the information we collect via the Website may also include your unique identifying code or IP address: this is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet and operating system browser.
3) WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information which we collect about you will be stored on the following servers:
|Data Type||Data Custodian||Data Location|
|Personal information provided in the course of purchasing e.g. name, email, shipping address, etc|
Emails sent by you and sent to you
|Email address, name, purchase summary, contact summary,||Mailchimp||USA or as determined by Mailchimp|
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4) USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and monitor our Website, to improve our Website and to help you use the Website;
- to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We will use the information you provide to us to personalise these communications to you and particular things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments for goods and services purchased;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities (we don’t hold or take any payment details, this is all undertaken by a 3rd party payment gateway);
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entry to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under the competition/ prize draw terms and conditions;
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our good and services and promoting our public relations in connection with our business, goods and services;
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes;
- to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us or any social media posts or comments you make where these are made direct to us or in the public domain; and
- to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis in relation to customer surveys and research.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
5) DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including, marketing and market research, processing online purchases, delivery companies and our designers and manufacturers) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
If you make a post on the Website, we may share your username, and any information you include in your post with other users of the Website, for example this would include any posts or comments which you make via on Website’s blog or any similar post or comment.
6) YOUR RIGHTS
You may ask us to stop sending you postal correspondence that we believe may be of interest to you by contacting us using the details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click ‘unsubscribe’ on the most recently received email. In the event that you continue to receive email correspondence from us after selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Where you ask us to stop sending you correspondence through either our postal mailing list or our email mailing list we shall take reasonable steps to remove your details from both our postal and email mailing lists. However, in the event that you continue to receive correspondence through one of these mailing lists, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites (for example, YouTube, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter). If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7) ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to Data Controller, 155 Townsend Street, Dublin 2. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the contact details provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.ico.org.uk/
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
With the exception of any bespoke or customised items, a refund may be availed of within 14 days or exchange within 28 days, provided that they are returned to us in their original condition and packaging. For safety & hygiene reasons our exchange/policy does not extend to earrings or other piercing items. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
A gift receipt (a receipt providing proof of purchase specifically excluding pricing information) can be issued on request. A gift receipt entitles the holder to an exchange/credit note only. Gift receipts are only valid within 28 days of original purchase.
- The prize draw is open to all individuals with a valid purchase receipt excluding employees of Phillips Jewellers.
- To enter the competition an individual must enter the requested details on: https://phillipsjewellers.ie/prize-draw/
- The prize is a refund of the value of the purchase receipt (excluding repairs and remounts) up to a maximum value of €100.
- The refund will be issued as a gift voucher that is valid up to 1 year.
- Multiple entries per individual is allowed but only for one receipt.
- A purchase made on a single visit may be split up in to multiple receipts, allowing multiple entries. However, receipts will only be issued for whole items. Please request this prior to payment, once a receipt is issued it will not be split.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and the winners consent to participate in any reasonable publicity required for and on behalf of Phillips Jewellers.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules or the prize draw, the decision of Phillips Jewellers shall be final.
- No alternative prize available. No cash alternative.
- Phillips Jewellers reserves the right to amend these rules or withdraw the prize draw at any time without notice.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We reserve the right to change the Terms & Conditions at any time (with the revised Terms & Conditions being posted on the Website). It is your responsibility to check the Terms& Conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your use of the Website following the posting of any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms & Conditions.